January 16, 2019
5 Ways to break your New Year’s Resolution and stay happy and healthy
It’s tempting to set New Year’s resolutions but experts say few people keep them. So if you need a guilt-free reason to break your resolutions, head to the Columbia Valley and try these alternatives to become healthier, wealthier and wiser.
1. Don’t fight the gym crowds in those heady days of early January. Go for a winter walk or tackle one of the valley’s best outdoor winter activities, and plan your gym time for February.
2. Lose weight but not with a crazy diet that has you eating only kale. Chefs at Fairmont Hot Springs newly rebranded Antlers At the Lodge restaurant offer tasty fare with lots of vegan and gluten-free options.
3. Save money but not at the expense of your mental health. If time in the Columbia Valley is important to your happiness check out mid-week or off-season rates. You get time relaxing and you can bank the savings. Copper Point Resort offers a discount for long stays so you’ve got more time to break your resolutions.
4. Finding a special someone to love is a common resolution among the single but perhaps the most important person to love is yourself. Schedule some ‘me’ time at one of the valley’s spas. Or spend some time with your journal at Kicking Horse Coffee while you daydream about where you’ll be five years from now. Experts saying writing down goals (even if you forget about them later) yields results.
5. If getting more sleep is one of your resolutions, you’ll find plenty of temptations here to keep you up late but you can sleep in too. Panorama Mountain Resort has night skiing Saturday nights. Check out the valley arts scene at Pynelogs Art Gallery and Cultural Centre: Cinefest offers the Miseducation of Cameron January 8 and BMC Organ Trio plays January 27.
May 2019 be your best year yet!